When planning a surfing holiday in Zanzibar you will find turquoise warm crystal clear water and a constant waist-high wave along the barrier reef, along with a great lifestyle and many other water sport activtities to choose from. During your time on the island we will show you our best surf spots and explore Zanzibar’s uncrowded waves with you.
Depending on your level, there are several spots to choose from and there are many more waiting to be found. Our camps are designed for both beginners and advanced sufers and can be individually adapted to your needs. The surf season in Zanzibar is from mid-December to mid-March and then again from early June to mid-October. The waves are fairly constant for beginners (waist high) and ideal for first-timers and also intermediates.
After stormy days and with the right swell and wind direction also experienced surfers get their game on. You won’t find crowded surf spots anywhere on the island since the sport is still quite new to Zanzibar. A selection of various boards is available for rent and it is not absolutely necessary to bring your own gear. Zanzibar waves are also great for longboard and stand up paddle surfers.
The climate in Zanzibar is year around tropical with an average temperature of 27° celcius in winter and 29° in summer. The water temperature is about 27 ° celsius and a wetsuit is definitely not needed.
Whats included in all Surfcamp packages?
Accommodation from the category of your choice incl. breakfast (upgrade to half board or full board possible)
- Surf Trips incl. Lessons or Guiding / Coaching to Zanzibar’s best surf spots
- Alternatives in case nature doesn’t allow all surf activities
- 1 sunset cruise on Free Spirit incl. drinks
- Local seafood dinner on one evening
- Airport transfers and transfers to all booked activities
- Info brochure with many insider tips - unique on spot service & guiding.
- Find following more infos on the surf activities and a quote for a surf week in Zanzibar. Of course we will customize all packages to the length of your stay and wanted activities. Simply ask us for your tailor-made itinerary.
Surfcamp – Hangloose
accommodation from your chosen category • Surf lessons & trips to different spots (depending on level)
• No-wave alternatives
• Sunset Cruise on Free Spirit
• Ali Dinner incl. Beach Bonfire
• SUP Tour through the Mangrove Forest Channels
• Transfers from/to airport, to all activities