Taking you to the best surf spots in the SUMATRA mentawais islands!
• Duration: 10 days / 11 nights
• Capacity: Min 8 passengers to sail, max 10
• Per person: USD$2,800 Cnd $ 3,775
ALL INCLUSIVE EXCEPT INTERNATIONAL AIR FARE EXCLUDED
Kaimana is an 80ft motor boat, built and moored in Padang. She offers the same luxury accommodation as some of the top western boats ,without the higherprice. She has 5 twin cabins with individual air-conditioning, so its much more comfortable than sleeping in the one room. She has a huge air-conditioned lounge room with TV, DVD and stereo,separate dining area , 2 shower/toilet rooms with hot water showers and an outdoor shower. There is also plenty of space up top for full viewing of the surf breaks, and the customary beers at the end of each day whilst comparing barrel stories.
Kaimana comes with an all-inclusive package so that all you will need to worry about is enjoying your next wave or falling asleep with the sounds of the ocean all around you. Some additional services are offered such as photography and videography so that afterwards you can have a permanent reminder that it wasn't all just a wonderful dream.
The Kaimana is a great choice for anyone fantasizing about a comfortable, spacious charter boat in which to explore the world class waves of the Mentawais.
Flexible, please call for more information.
• 12 days/13 nights of luxury accommodation on board Kaimana Royal, with (range) option of Telos - Thunders or Playground - The Hole
• Airport transfers - Padang Airport- Kaimana Royal - Padang Airport
• Food - 3 daily gourmet meals , made by Indonesian AND Western chef!
• Snacks - including fresh fruit, nuts, biscuits and chocolate bars, also some snacks prepared by chef between meals
• Drinks - freshly brewed Sumatran coffee, tea, purified water, soft drinks & juice, (fresh juices also upon request)
• 6 icy cold beers a day. Choice of Bintang and/or Heineken &San Miguel Lite (subject to availability) Wine (12 bottles), or spirits to same value
• Use of all on board equipment including fishing and snorkeling gear. Also Stand Up Paddle board
• Government and Harbour permits
• Mentawai Government Tax
Optional extra: Photography available at USD$250 p/person
THE MENTAWAIS ISLANDS
The Mentawai Islands are one of the most consistent surf destinations in the entire world. The power of southern Indian Ocean storms is turned by the prevailing sea trades towards these amazing islands and amplified. The result is surf that is remarkably consistent and of unsurpassed quality. During the southern hemisphere winter, (late April to early November) the Indian Ocean is an over-active, groundswell machine.
The Mentawai Islands are a chain of about seventy islands and islets off the western coast of Sumatra in Indonesia, seperated by approx 150 km from the mainland by the Mentawai Strait. Siberut is the largest of the islands. The other major islands are Sipura, North Pagai (Pagai Utara) and South Pagai (Pagai Selatan). The indigenous inhabitants of the islands are known as the Mentawai people.
THE ISLANDS AND SURF
Experience untouched rainforest and superb waves. More than a dozen "world class" reef breaks exists making it one the most surf infested regions in theworld. Most spots host mechanical perfection and vary in intensity, making this region suitable for surfers of all abilities.